The project also offers informal CPD for music teachers and is fully in line with the new OFSTED Section 5 references to literacy (used appropriately to support musical learning, spiritual, moral, social and cultural education), recognising the importance of music’s contribution to this aspect of a school’s overall effectiveness.
The project includes:
- A Performance by professional artists in a twilight event at NewVIc for participating students from each school.
- 3 songwriting workshops by artist for up to 12 students in your school on days and times of your choice.
- 1 day in a professional recording studio – Lightship95 studios by arrangement.
- 1 workshop with artist aimed at preparing student performance at NewVIc
- CD for each student of all participating schools songs with backing tracks, appropriate for GCSE or Btech coursework submission
- Songwriters Performance opportunity for all participating students
There is an opportunity for one, or two students on the project to be identified for an award to work to develop their music career with professional publisher, Peter McCamley at Pandpsongs, who publish renowned acts such as N’Dubz, Britney Spears and the Saturdays.