For the fifth year running we were invited back to Plaistow Primary School to run their creative TURN IT UP Project across all Yr 4 pupils.
Our Executive Director and artist Mohan Dhar worked across 2 classes to give children and young people the tools to:
- explore singing and movement
- build confidence in working collaboratively in creative processes
- take risks in exploring new ideas about a given topic through song
The Project also provided opportunities for the children to develop:
- singing with control and rhythmical accuracy
- song making, combining musical elements within a structure
- performing confidence as part of an ensemble.
The class teachers expressed delight at the project and are keen to practice each song with the backing track made for them and for each class to perform for the other and for a school assembly. Below, you can listen to a first draft phone recording one of the songs, collaboratively written by the children as part of a 2-hour singing workshop, including lots of other singing!